Happy Summer everyone! I hope you all have been well.
Yes, the Summer season is now upon as of yesterday which means it’s time to soak up some sun or curl up in a cozy nook with good book. It’s the season when a lot of things will be going on, sometimes simultaneously, but nevertheless there is one thing that makes all the work worth it: having a stack of books to read and pass the time with.
Today, I journeyed to my local library and procured myself a stack of books by two of my favorite authors and literary inspirations, John Flanagan and Lynn Kurland, to take home. These books plus a few from my self put on my summer reading list. It’s an ambitious number to get through over the next few months but that is a challenge I’ll gladly undertake.
This year’s 2016 summer reading list includes:
- River of Dreams by Lynn Kurland (A Novel of the Nine Kingdoms, book 8)
- Dreamer’s Daughter by Lynn Kurland (A Novel of the Nine Kingdoms, book 9)
- Roses in Moonlight by Lynn Kurland (de Piaget, book 15)
- The Outcasts by John Flanagan (Brotherband Chronicles, book 1)
- The Invaders by John Flanagan (Brotherband Chronicles, book 2)
- The Tournament at Gorlan by John Flanagan ( Ranger’s Apprentice: The Early Years, book 1)
- Poison Princess by Kresley Cole (Arcana Chronicles, book 1)
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (Red Queen, book 1)
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (Wolves of Mercy Falls/Shiver Trilogy, book 1)
I’m very excited about this list and look forward to the adventures these books take me on. I sure by the end of summer I’ll come out of the experience that much more happier.
Happy summer reading to you all!