Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors. My favorite movies I’ve seen him in are Bruce Almighty, Evan Almighty, Last Vegas, and Lucy. He’s an incredible actor with an incredible voice.
He got me to thinking about books that I personally like that I’d enjoy hearing him narrate in audiobook format. It was such a random thought I had but the more I thought about it the cooler (and funnier) it sounded. So I came up with a list of books I’d love to hear narrated by Morgan Freeman:
- any of John Flanagans books (Ranger’s Apprentice and Brotherband Chronicles)
- the Beka Cooper series by Tamora Pierce (Terrier, Bloodhound, Mastiff)
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
- the Dragonback series by Timothy Zahn (too long to name – there’s six books)
- The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima
- the Once Upon A Time books published by Simon Pulse (too many to name but all charming retellings)
There are other books I could name but these stand out most to me and, I think, that Freeman’s voice and acting abilities would do the most amazing job with. And, I know, this was probably a very weird and random post. But it would be an incredible experience if this were real (alas, this is only fun, imaginative thinking).
What books would you love to hear Morgan Freeman narrate? Let me know in the comments below.
And, as always, happy reading!