And welcome to another Top Ten Tuesday! This week’s prompt is favorite book settings, which I didn’t think I really had.
I enjoy fantastical fantasy worlds because I love the idea that anything is possible when building such worlds. I also like fictionalized places in Ireland or Scotland. Specific settings I’ve come to know and love are:
(1) Tortall (a kingdom)
(2) Winding Circle (a temple community and place of magical learning)
(3) Karasuno High School (a fictional school in the Miyagi Prefecture in Japan)
(4) Araluen (a kingdom)
(5) Phantomhive manor (home of the Phantomhive family in a “mist-covered forest on the outskirts” of Victorian London, England)
(6) Clarines (a kingdom)
(7) Verania (a kingdom)
(8) Green Creek (small town & home of the Bennett pack)
(9) Sevenwaters (a fictional place in 9th century northern Ireland; “based on an area called the Ring of Gullion in County Armagh”)
(10) House of Night (one of many schools for vampyres; Tulsa, Oklahoma, US)
What are some of your favorite book settings? Do you prefer real locations or fictional ones?